Over the course of the
last month, I have invested in many stocks from Berkshire Hathaway B
stock, Apple, Kimberly Clark and Dunkin’ Donuts. Before buying stock from these
companies, I did a little research to analyze the growth of their stock over
the last few months to see their stock. As I have seen growth in my Berkshire
Hathaway A stock, I decided that would be a good investment. With the purchase
of Dunkin’ Donuts, I read that comparably over the last few months, Dunkin’ has
been doing better when analyzed against Starbucks. Without research, I would
have bought Starbuck’s stock because of my personal opinion about the company
and products; however, as an investments move I choose Dunkin’. It has been
interesting to see the fluctuations in prices over the last month, as the stocks
that have lost value last month are now some of the bigger gains within my
portfolio. My strategy is to keep a close eye on the stock I
purchased and follow along in the news to how different types of stocks
are doing in the market. As of the closing price on April 19th, some
of my stock demonstrated a loss, and my portfolio as a whole shows a loss. My
General Motors stock is showing the greatest loss in value at -11.59%. My decline in growth has been
2.16% overall. I am hoping to see this increase out of the red. I am going to
watch my General Motors stock over the next few weeks and consider selling.
Maddie, an overall loss of 2.18% isn't terrible for the time period we're dealing with...Particularly if you're accounting for the commissions paid in that calculation. (Your spreadsheet doesn't show the portfolio gain/loss so I can't confirm that.)
ReplyDelete